Welcome to the Town of Ponoka’s Online Budget Open House. You are invited to give your input and ideas on the 2022 Town of Ponoka Budget.
By clicking on the links below, you will find:
- Information about the Town’s annual Budget, how property taxes are determined and where funds are allocated;
- Details about in-person Coffee with Council events where you can ask questions and have face-to-face conversations with members of Town Council about the Budget and any other topic you would like to discuss with Council; and
- A Citizen Input Survey where you can offer your thoughts and ideas on the 2022 Town Budget. Please review the Budget Information Package before filling out the survey.
Please review the Budget Information Package before filling out the survey.
To fill out the survey, click here.
Paper copies can be picked-up and dropped-off at the Town Office, the Ponoka Jubilee Library, the Ponoka Aquaplex and Coffee with Council events. Completed surveys must be submitted by Friday, September 10 at 9 a.m. and can be mailed to the Town of Ponoka at #200, 5604-50 St, Ponoka, AB, T4J 1G5.
The Town is hosted two Coffee with Council events where citizens could ask questions and share ideas on the Budget with members of Town Council. These Coffee with Council events were held on:
- Wednesday, August 25 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Ponoka Farmers Market
- Thursday, September 9 from 4 – 7 p.m. as part of a grand opening celebration of the Old Hospital Rotary Park.
Paper copies of the Citizen Input Survey and the Budget Information Package were available at Coffee with Council events.
The Citizen Input Survey and public feedback the Town receives during the Coffee with Council events will be summarized and presented to Town Council for careful review and consideration during the 2022 Budget deliberation process.
Town Council budget deliberations will be held on September 29, 2021, in Council Chambers on the third floor of the Ponoka Civic Centre. Due to provincial health measures, the public will be invited to observe the deliberations online this year. Please register before September 29 by phoning 403-783-4431.
A summary of the citizen input received will also be shared with the public.
The public is welcome to observe Council’s annual Budget deliberations being held on September 29, 2021. Due to provincial health restrictions, the public will be invited to observe the deliberations online this year. Please register before September 29 by phoning 403-783-4431.
- 10 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. - Capital Budget Overview
- 12:00 – 12:30 p.m. - Lunch Break
Additional time as needed
- 1 – 2:30 p.m. - Capital Budget Overview continued
- 2:30 – 2:45 p.m. - Break
- 2:45 – 4 p.m. - Finalization of 2022 Capital Budget