The New Business Grant offers a one-time-per-business grant payment of up to $1000 for businesses that are new to Ponoka, reside and operate in the Town and have not previously operated in the community.
To be eligible, the business must hold a valid 2021 Town of Ponoka business licence or be exempt from requiring a business licence. The application period for the New Business Grant began January 1, 2021, and will continue until December 31, 2021.
The grants are being awarded on a first-come, first-served basis with grant amounts varying according to the business licence type as follows:
- In-Town Commercial and Automotive business licence holders who lease a commercial property may be eligible for a $750 grant; or $1,000 if they purchase the commercial property;
- In-Town Trades business licence holders may be eligible for $750;
- Home Business licence holders - $250;
- Home Office business licence holders - $100; and
- Home Catalogue Sales business licence holders - $50.
Once you fill out an application form, please email a copy of the completed form to RealLiving@ponoka.ca or print a copy of the completed form and mail it to:
Town of Ponoka
200, 5604 50 St
Ponoka, AB, T4J 1G5
For information about Retail Investment Opportunities in Ponoka, including community characteristics and information about Ponoka's retail sector, please view the Town of Ponoka's Retail Pitch Deck