Employment Opportunities & Board/Committee Openings
Welcome to the Town of Ponoka's Opportunities page! Here you will find:
- Career postings
- Committee and Board Vacancies
- Current RFPs, bids and tenders
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Applications for employment are accepted for specific job openings only. General applications will not be kept on file.
- Applications/resumes via email are preferred.
- Successful applicants will be required to provide a current criminal record check.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note - beside each position below we note if this is a new position, or if it being screened (applications are closed). Once a position has been filled we will note it, then remove it from this site. For more information on these positions, please see the links below:
Current Requests for Proposal; Bids, Tenders and other Notices
Board and Committee Vacancies:
Looking for passionate, interested people to fill Board and Committee Vacancies. Share your knowledge, learn, get involved!
The Town of Ponoka is seeking applications for the following Board & Committee vacancies and welcomes applications from the Ponoka community:
- Heritage and Downtown Revitalization Committee - Downtown Business Representative: The mandate of the Committee is to provide input to Town Council regarding the revitalization and redevelopment of Downtown Ponoka with an emphasis on retaining the Town's heritage components. Please refer to Bylaw No. 372-16 for additional detail on the role and responsibilities of this Committee.
- Ponoka Jubilee Library Board - The Library Board is responsible for the management, organization, promotion and maintenance of comprehensive and effecient library services in the municipality. Please refer to Bylaw No. 366-16 for additional inforamtion.
- Police Advisory Committe - Ponoka County Representative: The overall objectives of the Police advisory Committee are to act as a liaison between Council, the local RCMP Detachment, the Town of Ponoka Chief Administrative Officer and the citizens of Ponoka to foster and maintain a safe and secure community through responsible community actions. All Committee members will undergo a criminal records review and suitability screening through the RCMP. Please refer to Bylaw No. 356-15 for addition information.
Application Deadline: Please submit completed application forms to the Ponoka Town Office at the above address by June 14, 2019.
Please submit a completed application form to:
Town of Ponoka
200, 5604 50 Street
Ponoka, AB, T4J 1G5
Please refer to the applicable bylaw for additional information on the role for each of these boards and committees.
Economic Development Request for Proposal
Big Brothers / Big Sisters of Ponoka is looking for mentors.
For just a few hours a couple of times a month, you can help a child succeed. Big Brothers Big Sisters is different from other mentoring organizations in that we seek volunteers who are committed and consistent, willing to serve at least a year, but we hope until a child graduates high school. Studies show that by doing so, our mentoring services help kids stay in school, avoid risky behaviour, and experience first-hand the importance of helping others in their community.
Professional staff is there to work with you, the child and the family throughout the course of the mentoring relationship to provide necessary training and support. Funding allows us to carefully make and support more matches. Sometimes, the supply of volunteers and kids is greater than the necessary agency funding. We are grateful for your willingness to be involved and while it is certainly not a requirement, we welcome you to also become a donor - as you volunteer or wait to be matched.
The Centennial Centre For Mental Health and Brain Injury
The Centennial Centre for Mental Health & Brain Injury is currently in NEED of Volunteers in all areas!! Being a special friend, having a game of pool, reading a book or providing entertainment, the list goes on. If you know of a group or person that provides music or entertainment, please share this information. Our Volunteer commitment is important, and lets you choose your time and activity. I would love to talk Volunteer Opportunities with you! My office hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 – 4:00. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, at 403-783-7782.
Ponoka Hospital & Care Centre
Ponoka Hospital & Care Centre, Volunteer Resources is looking for people who are interested in assisting at mealtimes on Long Term Care, sharing musical talent, and spending quality time with the residents. If this interests you , please contact Volunteer Resources at 403-704-8312.
Heart and Stroke Foundation of Alberta
Looking for a memorable way to spend Family Day? With just two hours of your time, volunteer together for a cause that touches more families than any other health issue – heart disease and stroke.
By volunteering your time for the Heart and Stroke Foundation, you help us fund the very best heart and stroke research, guide Albertans to make healthy lifestyle choices, and provide training for healthcare professionals to ensure that the best possible treatments are available to across the province and territories, throughout Canada and world-wide.
Neighbourhood and online fundraising opportunities are available for our upcoming February is Heart Month campaign. Contact 1.888.HSF.INFO or visit www.heartandstroke.ca to sign up today.
Ponoka Victim Services
Our volunteer Advocates are genuinely interested in helping others and are committed to providing support for all victims in a caring, compassionate and prompt manner. They are team players with strong communication and problem solving skills who are dedicated to maintaining confidentiality and security.
An Advocate has to be 18 years of age or older and able to pass an RCMP security clearance. The unit operates under the direction of a volunteer Board of Directors composed of local community members.
We are always looking for volunteer advocates and board members!
Ponoka Family and Community Support Services
Ponoka FCSS has an established history in Ponoka, offering a wide variety of programs, services, events, funds, and partnerships for the community. There are many programs available for service opportunities, something to fit your skills and interest. Be a part of a fantastic team. We encourage you to contact us for updated information and a volunteer packet, or look us up on FACEBOOK to see WHAT’S GOING ON!
Volunteers needed now for Meals on Wheels, and the Volunteer Income Tax Program! For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator 403-783-4462.