In the heart of Central Alberta, downtown Ponoka is located only 3 minutes off of the Queen Elizabeth II Highway between Red Deer and Edmonton. With approximately 6800 local residents, it's quite impressive that each year Ponoka logs nearly 3000 campers during its Annual Ponoka Stampede; and that doesn't include the steady inflow of out-of-towners on day trips!
While many know us for our Annual Stampede, there are many other things that shouldn’t be missed during your stay in Ponoka including:
- an assortment of year-round community events
- specialty and niche gift shops
- world class 18-hole Ponoka Community Golf Club
- 'Legendary' 27-hole Wolf Creek Golf Resort
- 8 km of trails systems which run though the lush Battle River Valley and are connected to the Trans-Canada Trail System
- Lions Centennial Park, which offers a stocked trout pond, mini golf, play area, the "Legacy" (World's Largest Horse & Saddle Bronc Rider), stage area, the Fort Ostell Museum and the Kinsmen Community Splash Park
- J.J. Collett Natural Area just south of Ponoka; this nature preserve features 635 acres of rolling landscape with trails for orienteering, hiking and nature observation
Moving to Ponoka? Click here for more information!
Town of Ponoka Virtual Tour