The documents below provide a brief introduction of the requirements for nomination to municipal office in the Town of Ponoka. Candidates are responsible for understanding all legislation concerning the election, including:
- Campaigning restrictions
- Campaign finance and disclosure
- Election offences
- Prohibitions at voting stations
The Town of Ponoka nomination period opened on Monday, January 4, 2021 and closes on Monday, September 20, 2021 at 12 noon.
If you’re interested in running for Mayor or Council, please submit your nomination papers by:
- Using the drop box located inside the west doors of the Ponoka Civic Centre.
- Mail or courier addressed to Town of Ponoka, c/o Returning Officer, 200, 5604 50 Street, Ponoka, Alberta T4J 1G5.
- Drop them off in person at the Reception desk at the Town Office.
For general inquiries, please contact the Town Office at (403) 783-4431. For specific questions about completing nomination papers, please contact the Returning Officer's email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information on nomination requirements can be found in the Nomination Information Package.
Candidates Information Package
The Candidate's Information Package provides prospective candidates with additional information about running for Ponoka Town Council.
Additional Information and Resources
|Town Policy, Guides and Tools|
|Municipal Affairs Resources|
|Local Authorities Election Act Implementation Fact Sheets|