I love Ponoka and I see potential everywhere. I support the Town’s ongoing commitment to maintaining our assets and our infrastructure while building for our future. Our community’s future is bright!
#200, 5604 50 Street
Ponoka, AB T4J 1G5
- Born in Saskatchewan.
- Moved to Ponoka as a young teenager when his father took the position of elevator agent with Pioneer Grain.
- Ironically, met his wife Heather in Ponoka. She is also originally from Saskatchewan. They have been married for 32 years and have resided in Ponoka throughout their marriage.
- Raised two sons, Mark and Ian. Both sons work and live in Calgary.
- Served one term (2017-2021) as Town Councillor.
Council Standing Committee Appointments
- Parkland Community Planning Services
- Ponoka Ag Events Centre Society
- Ponoka Stampede and Exhibition Association
- North Red Deer River Water Services Commission
- Pě Săkăstěw Centre
- Campus Alberta Central
- Human Resources Committee
- Physician Recruitment and Retention Committee
- Six weeks after retiring from 30 years of teaching, he began working in municipal politics and has served on Town Council for the last five years.
- Graduated from the University of Calgary with a Bachelor of Education degree.
- Plays bass guitar in a band named the Educators, which is comprised of current and former teachers.
- Former director of musicals for the Klaglahachie Fine Arts Society since 2012.
- Served four years on the Ponoka Minor Hockey Board.
- Directed theatrical productions (plays and musicals) at all of the schools in which he taught.
- Interested in ancient history.
- Collects coins from all over the world.
- Has written numerous articles for magazines and has had an article published in The Celator about ancient roman provincial coins.