I know that I made the right choice in calling Ponoka home. Ponoka has the unique advantage of maintaining community wholesomeness while still being connected within the heart of urban Alberta. When I see the passion of our residents, I recognize the love and the energy that unites us to ensure that Ponoka continues to grow while maintaining its deep-rooted culture and history.
#200, 5604 50 Street
Ponoka, AB T4J 1G5
- Worked as a physiotherapist in many locations before calling Ponoka home including:
- Natal, South Africa;
- London, England; and
- Coronation, Alberta.
- Met his wife Karen in Ponoka and have been together for over 27 years.
- Cal has two children, Emily and Josh who were both born at the Ponoka General Hospital.
Council Standing Committee Appointments
- Ponoka Jubilee Library Board
- Parkland Regional Library Board
- Family and Community Support Services Board
- Campus Alberta Central
- Part-time Physiotherapist
- Graduated in 1989 with a Degree in Physiotherapy from the University of Durban-Westville in South Africa.
- Attained an Acupuncture Certificate in 1996 from the Acupuncture Foundation of Canada.
- Certificate in Diagnostic Imaging in Physical Therapy Practice from the University of Alberta.
- Coached minor soccer in Ponoka since 1993.
- Volunteered on the inaugural Police Advisory Board, Ponoka Minor Soccer, Ponoka Minor Hockey, Central Alberta Soccer Referee, Ponoka Golf Course and Physiotherapy Alberta Review Committee.
- Enjoys mentoring soccer referees.
- Loves landscape and light photography.