As a member of Council, I am committed to open and transparent governance. I will strive to make the best decisions on behalf of our citizens and to serve our community to the very best of my ability with the information I am given.
#200, 5604 50 Street
Ponoka, AB T4J 1G5
- Born and raised in Ponoka.
- Graduated high school (Ponoka Composite High School) in 1968.
- Married Barb from Fort MacLeod in 1973. Raised three sons and now enjoys the lively company of six grandchildren (three girls and three boys).
- Served one term (2017-2021) as Town Councillor.
Council Standing Committee Appointments
- Police Advisory Committee
- Ponoka Victim Services
- Emergency Advisory Committee
- Rimoka Housing Foundation
- Pě Săkăstěw Centre
- Ponoka Stampede and Exhibition Association
- Human Resources Committee
- Physician Recruitment and Retention Committee
- Retired. Served as the Town of Ponoka Fire Chief for 26 years.
- During his years with the Town of Ponoka administrative team, he also served briefly as Interim Acting CAO, Director of Community Services, and Director of Protective Services.
- Prior to that, Ted worked in the lumber business running lumber yards. Started in 1968 in Ponoka and then Fort Saint John.
- Lakeland College Fire Training
- Served on the board of the Alberta Fire Chiefs Association for eight years as a Director and later as a Vice-President. Today he is a life member of the Association and attends the annual convention each year.
- Assisted the Ponoka Stampede Association with the creation of its Emergency Management Plan and is currently the Emergency Management Coordinator for the Stampede Association.
- Involved in hockey all of his life – refereeing, coaching, scorekeeping on the Minor Hockey Board (Senior and Junior B) and was president of the Ponoka Stampeders Sr. Hockey Club for several years.
- Busy with family and grandkids.
- Certified safety coach – help with Ponoka County Fire Services when required.
- Drives the shuttle for the local Ford dealership when required.